Wednesday 1 January 2014

2014 The Year of "What Liz Ate"

Happy New Year!

I hope that your 2013 was filled with great food, strong coffee, grand adventures and wonderful company.  My 2013 was filled with just that.. I started this website and sharing my food experiences, found fantastic cups of coffee in over 20 different cities in three different countries and shared all this with my beautiful family and friends.

So how can 2014 top that? With a new post every day.. Yes.. You read correctly. I'm giving myself the challenge of a new post everyday for 365 days.  New recipes, trialled recipes from cookbooks and well known chefs and cafe/product reviews are coming your way, everyday! It's going to be a year of "What Liz Ate".

So what makes this blog different to others out there? Well firstly it's going to be all Australian and focused on seasonal and organic product.  I am going to take on the challenges of the food-challenged (intolerances) as well as vegetarian and vegan recipes.  I am going to hold dinner parties every month with new recipes and share my finds with those around me.

I'm also taking requests - is there a recipe you want me to try?  Or something that you just can't seem to get right?  Or a cafe you recommend? Leave me a comment and I will try and get to it!

So where should we start - it is the first day of 2014. Day One of this project..

Just something simple for the New Year:


Vegeroni Spiral Pasta - yum yum!!!


Vegeroni Spiral Pasta with Chilli Tuna and Olives
Serves 2

200g (approximately half a packet) of Vegeroni Spiral Pasta (you could easily use regular pasta)
1/2 Red Spanish Onion finely sliced
1tbs Olive Oil
180g Can of Chilli Tuna (I use Sirena Tuna)
100g Grape Tomatoes halved
10+ Olives (I used a mix of green and black)
100g Danish Feta
Salt and Pepper to taste


Fill a medium saucepan with water and a pinch of salt and bring to the boil.  Meanwhile in a small frypan lightly saute the onion in the olive oil until cooked, remove from heat.  Once water is boiling pour in the pasta and give it a quick stir.  The pasta will take about 6 minutes to cook - though this can vary depending on the type of pasta you use so make sure you check regularly.  Once cooked, remove from heat.  Using a colander drain pasta and return to saucepan.  Add the onion, tuna, tomatoes and olives to saucepan and stir until combined.  Season well with salt and pepper.  When ready to serve crumble the feta on top of pasta.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment