Monday 13 January 2014

Coconut Mango Sorbet


Summer is definitely here.  This week is expected to cross into the 40s and hang there for a few days, so here is a recipe to help you get through until this heatwave breaks.

If Summer hails the memory of sandy toes, the smell of sunscreen and insect repellant than I know this recipe will hit the spot!  Coconut Mango Sorbet.

This recipe doesn't require you to have a food processor or blender, however to have a smoother texture sorbet using one is recommended.  This recipe is also great for vegans!




3 medium mangoes
1 cup coconut milk
1 tbs cointreau
1 tbs agave nectar * (or more if a sweeter taste is desired)

Chill a metal bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes.  Remove flesh from the mango and turn into a puree (I used a fork but you could use a processor).  Stir through the coconut milk and cointreau until thoroughly combined.  Add the agave nectar a tablespoon at a time until desired sweetness is reached.  Pour into chilled bowl and place in the freezer for 2-5 hours, stirring with a fork occasionally until set.


Just to let you guys know (and I'm sure you can sympathise)... it's way too hot to be in the kitchen at the moment!  I am still interstate but will be home on Friday, so I'm going to take a little break with recipes until I am home.  Next week I promise to give more recipes and sink my teeth into some baking goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment