Monday 6 January 2014

Guacamole!



I got this recipe from a friend who grew up in the South of America.  She always said that the South had the best guacamole outside of Mexico.  She brought this recipe with her to Australia and I copied it down as soon as I put one dip covered chip in my mouth.  The original recipe has a few ingredients that are hard to source so here is my favourite way of making it.  Please bare in mind though that it is a recipe that can come down to personal taste.  I love being able to taste all the ingredients - but I am also a big fan of garlic, lime and chilli - so what I recommend is to start with the flavours you know you like and add more of what you like.

Guacamole
1 1/2 avocados
1 tbs red onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves
1 small tomato (half a large one)
1 birdseye chilli, finely chopped
2 tbs fresh coriander, finely chopped
Big splash of lime
Salt to season

Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and smash the avocado.  Don't over mash so that it still has some chunky bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment